Quite a debatable topic that I want to discuss. Since when does flying ‘“commercial” become “basic”? Completely silly! I have not to flow semi or private yet and for quite a few reasons. One of the reasons is the crazy turbulence stories I have read about. I can only fathom how magnified it is on such a small aircraft…SCARY!
Anywho, I hear countless stories debating on which commercial airline is better and it seems to be Delta! The most hated? Do I have to say….It is SPIRIT. The irony is that I have NEVER had an issue with SPIRIT!!! I have blown them roughly ten times and never had any issues. Crazy, right? Aside from airline reputations, I want to rate all ECONOMY classes I have PERSONALLY flown and which one I think is the best.
- When you book economy, during check in, if first class seats are open, they will offer it to you (Of course, for for a fee). This is RARE and nice of AA to do because most airlines will not offer upgrades, especially if you initally booked economy
- Typically, a carry on and personal item is included.
- Beverage and snack service (complimentary)
- WIFI (for a fee)
- Seats recline
- Offers the option to pay for seats even after purchase!
- Lately, their reliability has not been the best. I have had my fair share of cancelled flights with American. I was offered $8 meal voucher and hotel and not told when the next flight would be
- Their routes are not the best (In certain cities), so you may find yourself having a layover (This is a deal breaker for some people).
- Customer service is really great
- Carry on and personal item is included
- Beverage/food Service
- On flight entertainment is pretty good! New movies compared to some airlines that offer older films
- Overall has the best non stop routes for me (PERSONALLY)
- Seats recline
- If you book basic economy, after 24 hours of booking, you CANNOT change your flight. I thought this was not a good look, especially with COVID-19. Things do happen.
- Rarely any seat upgrades. Do not expect to get an offer to the next class, especially if you booked economy from the beginning.
- Basic Economy doesn’t allow you to choose your seat/s/
- Gets you to from point A to B
- Generally cheaper economy tickets (compared to their competitors)
- Seats recline
- When you book a basic economy ticket, you MUST CHECK IN YOUR BAG IN. ABSOLUTELY NO CARRY ONS ALLOWED!!!!!
- You cannot pick your seat ( They do not always sit you next to your travel companion even if you are under the same reservation).
- Planes are typically old
- WIFI never works
- Gets you where you need to go (Would recommend for a flight no longer than three hours)
- Pay for bag (checked bag and carry on) , seat, priority boarding
- No complimentary snacks or beverages (yes, including water)
- Known for delays
- Seats DO NOT RECLINE
- No on flight entertainment
- Most planes do not have charging outlets
- Customer service is non existent
- No tray table (No, I do not include a mini stand as a standard “tray table”)
- Clean and updated aircrafts
- Comes in handy (especially if you fly out of a lot of small airports)
- Very few routes
- Must pay for seats and bags (including carry ons’)
- No free beverages
- No seating arrangements (How, cool).
- Free carry on, TWO FREE CHECKED BAGS,
- Beverage and food service ( Sometimes the FA’s throw in a few shots!)
- Their flight attendants are always easy going and entertianing
- Rarely offers non stop flights
WHICH ONE IS MY FAVORITE?
The winner is…..DELTA!!!! Delta seems to be the favorite for everyone and It is mine as well! When they blocked the middle seat during COVID-19, they earned loyalty from me! Delta offered me compensation for giving up my seat and it was USD 1800! It was only a seven-hour wait. All of the airlines have their pros/cons. Which one is your favorite and why?